Photo by Paul Buceta
Things are heating up! And as most of us have been taking our at-home workouts outdoors these days, it’s more important than ever to stay hydrated with plenty of fluids and electrolytes. What’s more, adding branched chain amino acids, or BCAAs, to your hydration and nutrition plan can help you maintain muscle and recover faster. We've partnered with the supplement specialists at Perfect Sports to create this cool treat to help you replenish and recover without sacrificing taste—but you can get creative with your own BCAAS or hydration supplement flavors.
Citrus, Lemongrass & Mint Hydrator
Total Time: 10 Minutes • Makes 2 Servings
• 1 scoop Perfect Sports Orange Soda BCAAs (or BCAA flavor of your choice)
• 2 cups cold water
• ½ medium grapefruit, quartered
• 1 cup ice, divided
• 1 lemongrass sprig (bashed and bruised slightly)
• 5-10 mint leaves, torn
• Club soda or sparkling water (optional)
1. Place water, half the ice, and Perfect Sports Orange Soda Series BCAA in a shaker bottle. Squeeze the juice from one of the grapefruit quarters into the bottle. Shake until thoroughly mixed.
2. Thinly slice the remaining grapefruit into half-moons.
3. Add grapefruit slices and fresh mint leaves to the shaker cup and gently shake to mix. Let stand at least 5 minutes for the flavors to infuse.
4. In a glass, add remaining ice. Pour the liquid mixture into the glass over ice, filling the glass ¾ of the way. Top with sparkling water if desired.
5. Add grapefruit slices and lemongrass sprig as garnish.