Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Makes 1 serving
• 90 g cooked ground beef
• 1 zucchini, sliced length-wise
• 1 eggplant, sliced length-wise
• 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
• Avocado spray
• 38 g light mozzarella
• 5 g parmesan cheese
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook ground beef in non-stick frying pan.
2. Thinly slice zucchini and eggplant length-wise, about ¼ inch thick
3. Salt the zucchini and eggplant in a bowl and lightly spray with avocado oil, then grill the eggplant and zucchini.
4. In a casserole dish, spread ½ of the tomato sauce at the bottom of the dish. Then layer cooked eggplant, ground beef, mozzarella, cooked zucchini, sauce, and top with parmesan cheese.
5. Bake in oven at 400°F for 30 minutes.
Sub chicken or turkey for beef.
Sub different cheese like asiago or parmesan.
Add ricotta or cottage cheese in middle layer.