Need a snack idea for girls’ night? Instead of ordering delivery, why not toss together this thin-crust pizza with satisfyingly sweet squash, salty feta, and crunchy walnuts. It’s also loaded with fiber, healthy fats, and 18 grams of protein per serving--but who really cares? It’s delicious (and pairs perfectly with a chilled glass of vino or prosecco).
Low-Carb Autumn Pizza
Prep time: 10 minutes • Total: 15 minutes • Makes 4 servings
4 Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain tortillas
4 Tbsp pesto (jarred or homemade)
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
1 cup butternut squash, cubed (from a 10 oz bag if using frozen)
1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
12 walnut halves, broken into pieces if desired (about 1/8 cup)
4 Tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spray a pan with cooking spray and saute squash for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until mostly cooked through. Set aside.
2. Lay tortillas on a large cookie sheet. Spread 1 tablespoon pesto on each tortilla.
3. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Spread squash and spinach evenly on top of each tortilla.
4. Place the cookie sheet on the center rack of the oven and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until edges are toasted and cheese has melted.
5. Remove from oven and top with crumbled feta. Slice and serve.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 413 , Fat: 26 g, Carbs: 33 g, Protein: 18 g, Fiber: 7 g