Recipe by Cassy Joy Garcia, fedandfit.com
Cooking with fish and seafood doesn’t have to be complicated. A nice cut of quality salmon, ripe mango, and fresh herbs make for the perfect main on a summer evening. Salmon provides an enormous helping of omega-3 fatty acids, which are proven to help protect your heart and boost brain health. Mango is rich in fiber, vitamins B6, A, and C, as well as potassium and magnesium. It’s also one of the best sources of quercetin—a flavonoid with anti-inflammatory properties.
BBQ Salmon & Mango Kabobs
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Makes 3-5 servings
- 1 ½ pounds salmon, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 – 2 mangos, cut into 2-inch chunks
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
1. Using metal skewers, alternate piercing a piece of salmon and a piece of mango through the middle until the skewer is 2/3 full. Repeat for the rest of the batch. Baste each skewer with an even amount of BBQ sauce.
2. For the grill: heat the grill and sear on 2 sides for 3-5 minutes each, or until the salmon is cooked through.
3. For the oven: preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the kabobs on a rimmed parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through (slightly stiff when pressed).
4. Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!