Our September/October cover athlete Samantha Leete knows better than anyone that maintaining
a rockin’ body that performs in the gym has to start in the kitchen. But she also refuses to compromise when it comes to her love of food. That’s why she’s mastered the art of making mouthwatering meals that also support a healthy, high functioning physique, like these savory waffles, straight from her personal recipe box. Try them topped with a poached egg for an
extra hit of protein for a Sunday brunch worthy of a fitness model.
Samantha Leete’s Savory Cauliflower Cheese Waffles
Prep Time: 5 minutes • Total Time: 10 minutes • Makes 3 servings
• 3 cups shredded cauliflower (should resemble course crumbs)
• 1/4 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 1/4 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
• 2 egg whites
• 1 whole egg
• 1.5 tsp garlic powder
• 1.5 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp pepper
• 1 tsp salt
• 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
1. Heat waffle iron. In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients.
2. Pour mixture into waffle maker and cook.
3. Lift the lid slightly to check waffles. If the iron sticks to the batter, cook a minute or two longer and
repeat process until the lid can be lifted clean. For crispier waffles, let them cook an extra minute.
4. Transfer to plate once cooked, serve and enjoy.