Recipe provided by Sara Del Mastro
Photo Irina Rostokina/shutterstock.com
If you have little ones, you know Christmas morning wake-up calls come early. Watch the joy unfold with this comforting yet simple overnight breakfast recipe in-hand.
Christmas Morning in a Cup
Total Time: 5 minutes
Makes 1 Serving
• 40g instant oats
• 150 g plain Greek yogurt (use a plant-based yogurt for a dairy-free option)
• ½ scoop vanilla protein powder
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Pinch of gingerbread spice
1. Mix the instant oats into a bowl with ½ scoop of vanilla protein powder and water. Microwave for about 45 seconds or until desired consistency.
2. Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract into the Greek yogurt and mix well.
3. In a clean cup, start by layering the oats alternated with the Greek yogurt until all the ingredients have been used.
4. Sprinkle some gingerbread spice at the top as you like.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight for a grab-n-relax breakfast. Enjoy!