Recipe by Tiffany Gaston, NPC Competitor, Paleo Cook and Fitness Model | Photography by Anna Hoychuk
Cranberry Apple Brussels Sprouts
Prep Time 10 min • Total Time 20 min • Makes 6 servings
• 1.5 lbs Brussels sprouts, quartered
• 1 cup cranberries
• 1 medium apple (skin on), diced
• ¾cup red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp sea salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• ¼ cup slivered almonds
1. Combine all the ingredients except the almonds in a large bowl. Toss to coat evenly.
2. In a large frying pan, heat a little extra olive oil or cooking spray over medium heat and sauté mixture for 7-10 minutes, stirring often to avoid burning.
3. Transfer to a serving dish and top with slivered almonds. Serve immediately.