Recipe by Katie Christie, CNP, Founder of SoulFeastKatie.comLooking for a quick snack for girls’ night? You could order pizza, or opt for store-bought chips and salsa again, but why not take 10 minutes and whip up something healthy and fresh that’s sure to impress? This chunky vegan “ceviche” created by holistic nutrition guru @soulfeastkatie is not only a refreshing treat on a warm night, but it’s also crazy good for you, thanks to probiotic-rich sauerkraut and heart-healthy avocados. Plus, it’s so easy to make, it’s sure to become a staple snack in your nutrition plan this spring and summer.
Cucumber and Avocado “Ceviche”
Total Time: 10 Minutes Makes 4 servings
2 apples (try Gala)
½ cup red onion
½ cup cilantro
3 heaping Tbsp sauerkraut
½ cup lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop cucumbers, apples, red onion, cilantro, and avocado, then add to a bowl.
2. Spoon out sauerkraut into mix.
3. Juice lemon and add to bowl.
4. Mix well to evenly coat.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Eat on its own or serve with organic corn chips.