Deconstructed Roast Chicken with Cauliflower & Golden Beets
Prep Time: 15 min • Total Time 1 hr • Makes 8 servings
- 1 small head cauliflower, leaves trimmed and separated into large florets
- 4 large golden beets, peeled and cut into ½ inch wedges
- 1.5 lbs bone in, skin on chicken breasts (2 large chicken breast halves)
- 1.5 lbs bone in, skin on chicken thighs (4 large thighs)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large lemon, cut into ½ inch wedges
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp ground sage
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet (13×18 inches) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place cauliflower and beets on baking sheet and drizzle with 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Brush the skin of the chicken with remaining ½ Tbsp oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, sage, and thyme, dividing evenly. Arrange chicken on baking sheet with cauliflower and beets. Place lemon wedges around chicken.
- Place in preheated oven and bake 35-45 minutes, or until chicken is golden and no longer pink inside (a thermometer inserted into the thickest part should register 155°F) and vegetables are browned.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 306, Fat: 21 g, Carbs: 9 g, Protein: 21 g, Fiber: 4 g