Whip up an effortless gourmet dinner in 45 minutes! This mouthwatering recipe will become a staple in your weekly rotation (and the lunch leftovers are the bomb).
Prep Time: 15 min • Total Time: 45 min (for medium rare) • Makes 6 servings
• 1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
• 2 Tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
• 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
• ¾ tsp ground black pepper, divided
• ¾ tsp fine sea salt, divided
• 1 ½ lb flank steak, trimmed
• 16 mini potatoes, halved (weighs 12 oz)
• 6 oz pearl onions, peeled and halved (9-10 onions)
• 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
• 2 medium yellow squash, sliced into 1 inch thick half moons
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange oven rack in upper third of the oven.
- In a small bowl combine Dijon mustard, horseradish, vinegar, ¼ tsp of sea salt and ¼ tsp of pepper. Spread mustard mixture over both sides of the flank steak and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together potatoes, onions, ¼ tsp of salt, ¼ tsp pepper, and 1 ½ Tbsp of olive oil. Arrange vegetables cut-side down on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes until vegetables are softened and just beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss squash with remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Add squash to baking sheet and cook until potatoes are browned and squash is golden, 8-10 minutes. Remove vegetable to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Preheat broiler on high. Place flank steak on baking sheet and place under broiler. Broil with oven door open for 5-7 minutes per side, turning once, for medium rare (10-14 minutes total), or until thermometer registers 130°F when inserted into the thickest part. Remove steak to a cutting board and tent with foil. Allow to rest another 5-7 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain and serve with onions and squash.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 304, Fat: 14 g, Carbs: 17 g, Protein: 27 g, Fiber: 3 g