Want to cool off? Forget sugar-laced store-bought Popsicles. This icy summer treat is made with just a few simple ingredients, all of which benefit your fitness gains. Kiwis contain vitamins C, A and B6, which support cell and immune function, while BCAAs (branched chain amino acids), have been shown to help increase lean body mass in athletes and aid in post-workout recovery.
Kiwi Lime Post-Workout Popsicles
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 5 hours
Makes approximately 8-10 servings
• 8 kiwis, peeled and halved
• 2-3 scoops lime (or unflavored) BCAAs powder
• 2-3 cups of water
• 1 fresh lime, juiced
• 2 limes thinly sliced
• 8-10 mini paper cups
• 8-10 popsicle sticks
1. Place the first four ingredients into a blender. Pulse until the mixture is relatively smooth.
2. Divide the mixture among cups, filling almost to the top.
3. Insert a Popsicle stick through the centre each lime slice to create the “cap” for the Popsicle.
4. Place the lime with the Popsicle stick into the mixture in the paper cups. Make sure to push the Popsicle stick all the way into the cup.
5. Freeze for at least 4-5 hours until solid.
6. Once frozen, dip the paper cups in a bowl of warm water, grab the bottom of the cup firmly and twist to remove the Popsicle.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 64, Fat: 1g
Carbs: 17g, Protein: 0 g
Photography by Paul Buceta