Enjoying turkey and its awesome benefits doesn’t have to mean hours in the kitchen dealing with cleaning, stuffing and basting. This recipe for turkey breast has delicious flavor, plus tons of lean protein, and is ready to eat in one hour, start to finish. Serve with a side of bright and beautiful veggies for a presentation that will make you look like a pro.
Maple Glazed Turkey Breast with Parsnips,
Tri-Color Carrots & Wilted Baby Kale
Prep Time: 15 min • Total Time: 45 min (plus resting time)
Makes 4 servings
1. Preheat oven to 400 F with the rack in the middle of the oven. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Join the STRONG Newsletter
Our Mission is to Motivate, Educate & Empower You to Achieve a Fit & Healthy Life.
2. In a small bowl combine maple syrup, paprika, oregano and ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper. Place turkey breast on the baking sheet and brush with ½ the maple syrup mixture.
3. In a large bowl toss carrots and parsnips with olive oil and remaining ¼ tsp of salt and pepper. Arrange vegetables around the turkey breast.
4. Place baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake 20 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and baste turkey with remaining maple syrup mixture. Return baking sheet to oven. Continue to bake an additional 12-15 minutes until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the turkey registers 155F and the veggies are golden brown.
5. Place turkey onto cutting board and allow to rest 5-7 minutes before slicing diagonally across the grain into 8 slices. Meanwhile, place baby greens on top of carrots and parsnips and toss gently with tongs to wilt. Serve with sliced turkey.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 335, Fat: 8 g, Carbs: 38 g
Protein: 29 g, Fiber: 7 g