Photo by Paul Buceta
Craving a cool post-workout treat? Satisfy your sweet tooth and get a mega hit of protein with a yogurt parfait, layered with homemade granola. This post-sweat snack has over 20 grams of protein, plus it's packed with probiotics, antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber.
Mixed Berry Banana Yogurt Parfait with Almond Honey Oats
Prep Time: 5 Minutes • Total Time: 35 Minutes • Makes 1-2 servings (with leftover granola)
• 1 cup 0% Greek yogurt
• 1 scoop Perfect Sports Diesel Banana Whey Protein
• 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
• ¼ cup almonds, chopped
• ¼ tsp cinnamon
• 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
• ¼ cup honey
• Pinch salt
• ¼ tsp vanilla extract
• ½ cup fresh mixed berries
1. In a blender or stand mixer, blend the yogurt with the protein powder (blending creates a fluffy, light yogurt texture). Keep reserved in the fridge until ready to build your parfait.
2. Preheat oven to 300°F.
3. In a bowl, mix the oats, cinnamon, sweetener, salt, and almonds together.
4. Melt the coconut oil and honey in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute, or just until the oil is melted.
5. Add the honey and oil to the oat mixture and mix until evenly coated.
6. Spread oat mixture evenly over a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for 10 minutes, stirring often. Do not overcook.
7. Remove oats and let cool. Granola will still be soft out of the oven, but will become crunchy once cooled.
8. When ready to build the parfait: in a tall glass, place a layer of the yogurt mixture. Top with a layer of granola, then a layer of berries. Repeat.