Get your day off to a good start with mood-boosting pancakes created by holistic nutrition guru @soulfeastkatie. Fiber-rich foods like oats and plantains promote healthy gut bacteria and prevent leaky gut, a syndrome that can lead to chronic fatigue and increased stress. Fiber and complex carbohydrates also promote satiety as well as sustained blood sugar, keeping those hangries at bay until your next meal.
Plantain Oat Pancakes with Maple-Vanilla Drizzle
Prep Time: 5 Minutes • Total Time: 10-12 Minutes • Makes 2 servings
• 1 ripe plantain, peeled and chopped
• 1 cup zucchini, chopped
• ⅓ cup raw oats
• ¼ cup coconut or almond milk
• 1 Tbsp coconut oil
• 1 cup nut milk (coconut or almond)
• 1 Tbsp chia seeds
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 cup maple syrup
• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Join the STRONG Newsletter
Our Mission is to Motivate, Educate & Empower You to Achieve a Fit & Healthy Life.
2. Heat coconut oil in pan until hot.
3. Pour batter into heated pan to form desired number of pancakes.
4. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on the surface and they are easy to flip. Flip pancakes and continue cooking until golden brown.
5. Remove pancakes from the pan and plate. Top with Maple-Vanilla Drizzle and serve.