If there’s one flavor combo that can do no wrong it’s sweet and savory. Just think of chocolate and peanut butter, salt and caramel, or cheese and fruit, and you’ll probably start salivating. This dynamic duo gives these muffins an unconventional twist on the traditional baked treat and makes them perfect for any time of the day. Enjoy one alongside your morning coffee, or serve a basket of them at your holiday feast in place of rolls or bread. You could even make them in mini muffin tins to shrink the portion size. Either way, you’re getting a healthy dose of fats, a hit of protein, and zero refined sugars or flours. Now that’s what we call a winning recipe.
Paleo Cranberry Turkey Bacon Muffins
Prep Time: 10 min • Total Time: 35 min • Makes 12 small muffins
• 3 strips uncured, natural turkey bacon
(Try: Applegate Organics or Trader Joes)
• 2 ¼ cup almond meal
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp baking powder
• 3 eggs
• 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
• ¾ cup dried unsweetened cranberries
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 2 Tbsp raw honey
• ¼ tsp almond extract
• ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin or line with paper cups.
2. Cook turkey bacon on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes. Drain and cool on paper towels.
3. Drop oven temp to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add all other ingredients except for the cranberries and bacon.
4. Crumble or dice cooked turkey bacon and add to the mixture. Add the cranberries and stir well to combine. Spoon mixture into the muffin tin and bake for 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly before serving.
Join the STRONG Newsletter
Our Mission is to Motivate, Educate & Empower You to Achieve a Fit & Healthy Life.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 215, Fat: 12 g, Carbs: 22 g
Protein: 6 g, Fiber: 3 g