Summertime and ice cream are like peaches and cream, wine and cheese or William and Kate — they just go together.
So when you’re done working up a sweat and craving an icy treat, have a batch of these easy-to-make pops ready to go. Not only are they ridiculously delicious, (because, hello, peanut butter) they’re also a bikini-perfect balance of carbs, healthy fat and — surprise! — protein! So go ahead and treat yourself, whether you’re post-workout or chilling poolside.
Chocolate PB Banana Froyo Pops
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Total Time: 4 hours (min) / Makes 10 servings
• 4 hours (min) Makes 10 servings
• 3 medium ripe bananas, frozen
• ½ cup creamy natural peanut butter
• ¾ cup plain 2% Greek-style yogurt
• ½ cup nonfat milk (or milk alternative)
• 2 scoops Allmax IsoNatural Chocolate
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 Tbsp honey (optional)
• ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
• ½ cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
1. Allow frozen bananas to thaw for approximately 10 minutes.
2. Combine the popsicle ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Carefully pour the mixture into popsicle molds and add sticks. Freeze for 4 hours, or overnight.
4. Once frozen, prepare the chocolate. Melt dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 45 seconds. Stir, and if needed, heat another 15 seconds until creamy.
5. Dip popsicles into the chocolate, then roll in crushed peanuts. Place finished pops on a baking tray lined with parchment and freeze another 10-15 minutes.
Nutrients per Serving:
Calories: 308, Fat: 18 g, Carbs: 27 g, Fiber: 3 g, Protein: 14 g