That’s right. We said cookies — for breakfast. Chock-full of beta-carotene, magnesium, protein and seasonal goodness, they’re
perfect for grabbing on the go.
PUMPKIN PIE BREAKFAST COOKIES
Prep Time: 10 min • Total Time: 30 min • Makes 12 servings
• 2 cups large-flake rolled oats, divided
• 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp ground ginger
• ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 can (398 ml) pure pumpkin puree
• 1 egg
• ¼ cup shelled pumpkin seeds
• ¼ cup raisins
• 1 tsp chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Using a food processor or coffee grinder, grind 1 cup of the oats into flour.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, remaining oats, protein powder, spices and baking powder.
4. In a small bowl, mix pumpkin puree and the egg. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir
until well combined into dough.
5. Stir in pumpkin seeds, raisins and chia seeds.
6. Using a large spoon (such as a soup spoon), drop 6 large scoops of dough onto each baking
sheet. Press into cookie shapes using the back of the spoon (they will not spread during baking).
7. Bake 18-20 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Be careful not to overcook.
8. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 123, Fat: 3 g, Carbs: 17 g
Protein: 10 g, Fiber: 3 g
Recipe by Janice de Boer, RD and Photo by Paul Buceta