Boring baked chicken breasts, move aside. This recipe gives you spicy, flavorful dinner in just 21 minutes. Chimichurri is a aromatic, herb-based sauce used in Argentinian cooking that is delicious on chicken, fish, beef, and even roasted vegetables. Make extra sauce and store in the fridge to liven up your other favorite healthy dishes. Serve with green salad and rice or roasted potatoes for a complete, healthy meal!
Spicy Chimichurri Chicken Breasts
Prep Time: 5 minutes • Total: 21 minutes • Makes 4 servings
4 4 oz chicken breasts
1 tsp + 2 Tbsp olive oil
¾ cup packed parsley
1/8 cup packed cilantro, chopped
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ garlic clove (about ½ tsp chopped)
Zest of 1 lemon
Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup veggies of choice
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Pour 1 teaspoon olive oil in a pan and warm to medium-high heat.
Join the STRONG Newsletter
Our Mission is to Motivate, Educate & Empower You to Achieve a Fit & Healthy Life.
3. Cook chicken for eight minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Cover for most of the time to prevent it from drying out.
4. While chicken is cooking, combine parsley, cilantro, vinegar, garlic, lemon, and red pepper flakes in a food processor and pulse. Add more olive oil if needed and season with salt and pepper.
5. Top each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of chimichurri sauce. Serve with vegetables or a green salad.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 250, Fat: 11 g, Carbs: 1 g, Protein: 35 g, Fiber: 0 g