Just when you thought you couldn’t love guacamole any more, we took it to the next level. This summer-perfect snack recipe combines creamy avocado with a hit of smoky bacon. As sinful as it sounds, this decadent dip isn’t without its health benefits. Avocados are stocked with antioxidants, fibre, and the best kinds of fats (the monounsaturated kind), plus they’ve been linked with reduced risks of several types of cancer. Paired with sweet and salty baked chips for dipping, this savory treat is nothing short of genius.
Smoky Bacon Guacamole with Sweet Potato Chips
Prep Time: 15 min • Total time: 40 min
Makes 4 servings
Smoky Bacon Guacamole
• 4 large avocados, pitted and halved
• 1 lime, juiced
• 3 strips of bacon (or turkey bacon)
• 1 tsp sea salt
• ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
• 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1 cup tomato, diced and seeded
• 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
• 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely diced (optional)
Sweet Potato Chips
• 2-3 large sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/2” slices
• 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
• 1-2 tsp smoked paprika
• Sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, toss sweet potato slices with oil and seasonings until coated evenly.
2. Place potatoes on a lined baking sheet in a single layer and cook for 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, scoop avocados into a large bowl and mash until mostly smooth. Crumble cooled bacon and add to the bowl, reserving a few pieces for the top. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
4. Place guacamole in a serving dish topped with extra bacon bits. Serve with sweet potato chips.
Nutrients per serving (approx ¾ cup guacamole, 3 oz chips):
Calories: 400, Fat: 32 g, Carbs: 42 g
Protein: 8 g, Fiber: 16 g