Spicy Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
Prep time: 5-7 min
Total time: 20 min (plus marinating time)
Makes 2 servings
1 lb chicken breasts (preferably organic)
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2-3 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
½ cup Coconut Aminos (soy-free soy sauce)
3 cups broccoli, chopped
3 cups cauliflower, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
1. Dice chicken into 1-inch pieces, marinate in a combination of freshly minced garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and Coconut Aminos and refrigerate in an airtight container for 1-2 hours or up to overnight.
2. Coat a wok or skillet with 1 Tbsp olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, cauliflower and onion. Season to taste with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
3. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, but do not overcook. Broccoli should remain crisp and bright in color. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Coat another skillet with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add diced chicken and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until juices run clear.
5. Lower heat to medium and add cooked vegetables, stirring until they are reheated. Season to taste with any additional red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to desired spiciness. Sprinkle with diced green onion and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Calories: 473, Protein: 59 g
Fat: 17 g, Carbs: 22 g, Fiber: 8 g
What are Coconut Aminos? It’s a soy-free, Paleo-friendly version of soy sauce, and is much healthier than it’s sodium-rich counterpart. You can find it in most health-food aisles, or check out coconutsecret.com.
Recipe by Tiffany Gaston, Fitness Model and Paleo cook | Photography by Paul Buceta