For many of us, the weekend means one thing: brunch. This quick spinach & mushroom frittata is not only tasty, it also happens to be the perfect source of protein after your weekend workout. You’ll also get a dose of metabolism-friendly magnesium, and vitamins A, C, E and K.
Quick Spinach & Mushroom Frittata
Total Time: 25 min • Makes 1 serving
• Olive oil cooking spray
• 1 egg
• 3 egg whites
• 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms, raw or cooked
• 1/2 cup chopped, cooked (or frozen and thawed) spinach
• 1/4 tsp dried thyme
• 1/4 tsp dried oregano
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup chopped tomato or fresh salsa
1. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Place egg and egg whites in a medium bowl and whisk to combine; gently add remaining ingredients.
3. Grease the pan with cooking spray. Pour the egg mixture into the heated pan and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until almost set.
4. Remove skillet from heat, cover and let stand until no visible liquid egg remains, approximately 5 minutes. Add tomato or salsa in the center, if desired. Cut in half to serve.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 151; Fat: 6 g; Carbs: 6 g; Fiber: 3 g; Protein: 21 g