Whether you’re a full-time vegetarian or just go meatless on Mondays, this healthy entrée leaves nothing to be desired. Bursting with exotic flavors, packed with protein and topped with
a tangy yogurt, your taste buds won’t know what hit ‘em. Makes a perfect healthy lunch or a post-workout meal.
Tandoori Tofu & Veggies with Quinoa & Spiced Yogurt
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 35 min
Makes 4 servings
2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp lime juice, fresh
1 cup cooked quinoa
14-oz extra-firm (or firm water-packed organic) tofu, drained
1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 4 long pieces, then halved
1 carrot, peeled, cut into thirds, then sliced lengthwise into 4 pieces
1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1-inch thick strips
1 Portobello mushroom, gills removed, sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips
1/3 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
3 Tbsp sliced scallions, or chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
2. Combine spices in a small bowl. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, limejuice and the spice mixture; cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
3. Slice tofu into 4 even chunks, then divide each chunk into desired number of slices and pat dry. Using about 3 tablespoons of the spiced oil, brush both sides of the tofu slices. Reserve the remaining spiced oil.
4. Lightly grease the grill rack or pan. When hot, grill the tofu until it has grill marks and is heated through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
5. Grease the grill again. When hot, add the vegetables and grill 2-3 minutes per side. Meanwhile, combine yogurt with the reserved spiced oil.
6. Place 1/4 cup cooked quinoa on each plate and top with 1/4 of the vegetables and ¼ of the tofu slices. Serve with the yogurt sauce, garnished with scallions (or cilantro), if desired.
Nutrients Per Serving:
Fat: 13 g
Carbs: 21.5 g
Fiber: 4.3 g
Protein: 15 g
Recipe is by Tiffani Bachus, RD and Erin Macdonald, RD | Photography by Paul Buceta