It goes without saying that fit chicks love burgers. And what’s not to love? We get a huge serving of juicy, muscle-buildling protein plus fresh veggies, sandwiched between two delicious layers of carbs. High fives to that! So the next time you’re firing up the grill, feed your love of burgers with these lean-but-meaty turkey patties topped with tangy avocado aioli. You’ll be scoring almost 30 grams of protein, 20 grams of healthy fats, and none of the extra fillers and sodium that come with store-bought burgs.
Turkey Burger with Spicy Avocado Aioli
Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
Spicy Avocado Aioli
- 1 large avocado, pitted
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil mayo
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Sriracha OR cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat a grill or barbeque. In a large bowl, gently combine burger ingredients with clean hands.
2. Form mixture into 3-4 oz burger patties.
3. Grill burgers for 5-6 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
4. While burgers are cooking, place all ingredients for the aioli in a food processer. Blend until thick and smooth.
5. Serve burgers topped with aioli and a whole grain bun or lettuce wrap.
Nutrients per serving (turkey burger with aioli, no bun):
Calories: 314; Fat: 20 g
Carbs: 6 g; Fiber: 3 g; Protein: 29
Photography by Paul Buceta