Photo by Paul Buceta
This delicious, super nutritious twist on hummus is sure to be a star at your summer picnic. It’s loaded with fiber and B vitamins, thanks to the secret ingredient: nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast is a dairy-free ingredient that can add the consistency and flavor of cheese to a vegan recipe! This satisfying dip also nets you the bonus benefits of white beans, a low-glycemic food packed with antioxidants and magnesium.
White Bean Dip with Raw Veggies
Total Time: 10 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup + 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Raw vegetables of your choice
1. In a food processor, blend white beans, 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, nutritional yeast, salt, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Blend until mixture is smooth and even. Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with remaining olive oil and pumpkin seeds.
2. Serve with cut up raw veggies and crackers or pita if desired.