This 30-minute meal is the perfect supper for springtime or a light lunch. Whether or not you follow a wheat-free diet, zucchini is a tasty departure from everyday pasta, and won’t weigh you down or pile on the calories. It’s just fresh veggies and lean protein. Enough said.
Zucchini Pasta with Lemon-Pepper Chicken
Prep Time: 20 min | Total Time: 30 min
Makes 1 serving
2 large zucchinis, peeled
8 mint leaves
4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded thin
Fresh cracked black pepper
½ Tbsp coconut oil, divided
1 Tbsp reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
1. Zest both lemons and set zest aside. Then squeeze the juice of one lemon into a small bowl. Season chicken breasts with ground pepper.
2. Heat a grill pan on medium-high. When hot, add the chicken breast and cook until done, 3-4 minutes. Set aside. Slice thinly when cool.
3. Cut both ends off the zucchinis. Using a Y-shaped vegetable peeler, peel long ribbons of zucchini, stopping until you get to the seeds, then rotate, and continue peeling. Repeat until both zucchinis are peeled into “noodles.”
4. Heat 1/4 Tbsp coconut oil in a nonstick pan. Sauté zucchini for 1 minute then add the lemon juice. Cover with a lid and let steam for 1-2 minutes (do not overcook).
5. Remove lid, add the mint, lemon zest, and Parmesan cheese. Transfer to a plate and top with grilled chicken.
Nutrients Per Serving:
Calories: 320, Fat: 9.1 g
Carbs: 29.8 g, Fat: 7.4 g
Tiffani Bachus, RD and Erin Macdonald, RD | Photography By Paul Buceta