Skip the processed sugars and sketchy ingredients of some commercial sports drinks. Get hydrated and energized with this all-natural DIY concoction, created by Charmaine Broughton-Dunn, chef and food writer.
HOMEMADE BERRY SPORTS DRINK
Makes 4 servings
• 4 cups water
• 1 bag berry-flavored herbal tea
• ½ cup fresh beet juice (or orange juice)
• 2 tbsp unpasteurized liquid honey
• ¼ tsp sea salt
1. Boil water and steep tea for at least 30 minutes. Chill.
2. When ready to prepare, add juice, honey and salt to cooled tea.
3. Shake or stir well to combine. Consume within two days of preparing.
*Recipe yields 4-5 cups
NUTRITION PER SERVING (1 CUP):
Calories: 40, Fat: 0 g, Carbohydrates: 10 g