Grilling season is good for so much more than burgers and chicken breasts. Your grill is a gateway to a world of healthy eating possibilities! Perfect for a hungry crowd, this refreshing and satisfying summer salad stars fire grilled shrimp and charred corn for a smokey-sweet combo you’ll crave again and again.
Aside from protein, shrimp is a rich source of the mineral selenium, which can support thyroid health and protect against cardiovascular disease and cancer. You’ll also hit your quota of healthy fats and veggies for a delicious meal with zero guilt.
Grilled Shrimp & Avocado Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
Prep Time: 20 minutes • Total time: 30 minutes • Makes 6 servings
• 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled (about 16-20)
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 2 ears of corn, blanched
• 1 large avocado
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 3 scallions, thinly sliced
• 1 cup cilantro
• 1 cup watercress
• ½ cup mint leaves
• 1 avocado, halved and pit removed
• 1 scallion, chopped
• ¼ cup cilantro
• 3 Tbsp lime juice
• 1 Tbsp honey
• ¼ tsp salt
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1-2 Tbsp cold water
Quick Tip: Make the dressing in advance and store in the refrigerator until needed.
1. Heat grill to medium. Slice avocado into ¼-inch thick slices and brush slices with olive oil.
2. Brush shrimp with oil and season with salt. Place shrimp on grill and cook until white of shrimp is opaque, about 1-2 minutes per side.
3.Place avocado on grill and cook for 30 seconds per side.
4. Place corn on grill and rotate every 1-2 minutes until bright yellow and charred on all sides. Remove corn from heat and slice off the cob.
5. Make the dressing by combining avocado, scallions, cilantro, lime juice, honey, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until blended. Add olive oil and pulse. Add water tablespoon by tablespoon until mixture is thin enough to drizzle.
6. On a platter, combine corn, cherry tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, watercress, and mint. Top with grilled shrimp and avocado. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve immediately.