There comes a point in every weight-lifting, protein-loving girl’s life when she’d rather starve than eat another chicken breast. Whether you add seasoning, put it on a salad or slather it in sauce, eventually just the words “boneless, skinless” make you want to scream with boredom.
But if there’s one thing that can take the world’s most tired dinner option and turn it into a mouth watering flavor fest, it’s bacon (duh, right?). That’s why this recipe – perfectly roasted chicken breast stuffed with salty bacon and righteous kale – is about to change the poultry game. Not only is it a cinch to whip up, but it’s also crammed with 29 g of protein and fits perfectly into a low-carb or Paleo-inspired nutrition plan. Not Paleo? Up the ante with a couple tablespoons of fresh parmesan into the kale mixture.
Bacon & Kale Stuffed Chicken
Prep Time: 10 min • Total Time: 45 min • Makes 4 servings
• 4 4-oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 4 strips of *bacon
• 1 small onion
• 2 cloves garlic
• 4 cups kale, washed and stems removed
• 1 tsp salt
• ½ tsp ground pepper
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice chicken breasts lengthwise, almost in half, to form a pocket. Season both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder and set aside.
2. In a frying pan, cook bacon until crisp, and place on paper towels to drain.
3. In a food processor, combine onion, garlic cloves, kale and oil. Pulse to roughly chop. Crumble the cooked bacon and add to kale mixture.
4. Spoon the kale mixture into each chicken breast until full, and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 °F for 30-35 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
Join the STRONG Newsletter
Our Mission is to Motivate, Educate & Empower You to Achieve a Fit & Healthy Life.
Nutrients per serving
Calories: 338, Fat: 16 g, Carbs: 8 g, Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 29 g